Monday, September 24, 2012

Lake Street Dive

Saturday was one of those days where I had things lined up back to back, but they were all wonderful things, so I didn't mind!
I had a read through for For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls, a really funny parody of The Glass Menagerie that I'm doing with MacPlayers this semester... It's super super hilarious.
Then I went to a talk given by a local music therapist, which was super inspiring and made me consider this career path again (4 years ago I was convinced I wanted to be a music therapist. Convinced).
Then I went to see PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION. I got super lucky that some of my friends had an extra ticket and invited me along... It was super fun to hang out with them, and I've been listening to that show on the radio since forever, so seeing it live for the first time was hilarious. And it was the 3rd time seeing Garrison Keillor live in a year (one of the many perks of going to school in St. Paul). The show was hilarious as always... they had this awesome blues singer from Rome... I don't remember her name, so maybe I'll have to post about her later. But, they had a super super super good band called Lake Street Dive play... give them a listen!
I keep talking about how I want to be a bass so I can sing Erlkonig by Schubert, or a coloratura, or Kristin Chenoweth, or Aretha Franklin. But now I just want to be Lake Street Dive lead singer, Rachael Price. Can't I have it all?
And let's just talk about how crazy awesome bassist Bridget Kearney is.
And super cool Mike Olson and Mike Calabrese.
Thanks for the great show, guys!

(After Prairie Home Companion I went to a gala concert given by the music department faculty in honor of our shiny new building... So good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment