Monday, August 27, 2012

An argument for polygamy (just kidding- an Etsy shop feature)



So, the other day I was outside with my 5 year old nephew, you know, the one with the cool leaf mask from earlier this week. This conversation ensued:
Geordie: Aunt Judith, when will you decide to get married?
Me: When I meet the right person.
G: Have you met the right person?
Me: I don't know- don't think so.
G: Have you even asked anyone?!
Me: What am I supposed to do, just go around asking everybody?
G: Yup!
Me: Okay, George, I'll keep that in mind.
G: But what if every boy says yes?
Me: I don't know, Geordie, what do you think I should do then?
G: Just marry all of them!

Planning out one's future with a five year old is always a good idea.

Anyway, weddings have been on my mind a lot this summer- I've been to two already, and will (I think?) be singing for one this weekend. I've decided that all of the fuss and spending lots of money on one day is really a bit silly, at least for me, because marriage really is supposed to be about spending your life with someone, not a huge party... and I get that it's something to celebrate, but... I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm not a huge party person! But, if I ever get married, and if things go according to Geordie's plan I'll be getting married a lot, I plan to keep it simple... just get married at church, have some snacks afterwards, and play some jazzy music for some swing dancing. Because obviously, it will be entirely my decision, right? (I hope my sarcasm is coming across).
So, my simple, low key plan, might not include fancy wedding cake toppers, but just look at how adorable things from annacrafts are!
So crazy cute!

These wedding cake toppers remind me of something from Aardman Studios (the people who do things like "Wallace and Gromit") and are so wonderful! And the best thing is that you can send in a photo of the couple and make special requests as to what you want the cake topper to look like. These are a few of my favorites:



                              

                                            

These toppers are just too awesome... maybe I will have to get one, for one or two of my weddings...


2 comments:

  1. The cake toppers are adorable and your nephew sound like he's adorable as well!

    ReplyDelete