Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Excitement! Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center



So, I go back to school in just a couple of weeks. I'm excited to see all of my friends again, and everything... but looking over my schedule, I'm feeling stressed out already- Between four 4-credit classes, four 1-credit classes, my church job, my work study, driving to the University of Minnesota for my Korean class, my clubs, practicing for voice/piano lessons, and possibly play practice if I get cast... I'll have my hands full to say the least. Yet, in spite of that, I'm super super excited for one thing: Our new music building!

Last year, the building was under construction, which meant that the music department was alllll sorts of crazy. We were kind of the nomads of campus. Our lessons were held in a tiny annex off of campus, our classes were in dorm buildings and social science buildings, choir rehearsals and performances were held in nearby churches, our recitals were held in the on campus chapel, and our practice rooms were in the basement of the library. There were some in the music annex, but their walls were lined with foam... which meant that you could hear the other people practicing, and they could hear you, a little too well. So, there was all sorts of running around. But no longer! How gorgeous is this building?!

A for real recital hall! So beautiful...


I was there a couple of weeks ago to warm up before an audition... and I had chills and tears in my eyes it was all so beautiful. And the best part? I'll  almost never have to go outside in the cold Minnesota winters... all of my classes are in music and humanities and I work in the theatre department... and all of those buildings are connected! It'll be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment