Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Instagram before Instagram

Not actually my camera, but it's the same kind.
So, as promised- I picked up my Werra film this morning... I'm both surprised and pleased with the results!
This little baby is something I grabbed at the garage sale my grandparents had about 8 (I think?) years ago when they sold their home in Columbia, MO, deciding to split their time between Florida and Wisconsin. I'm not really sure exactly when this camera was made, but my mom seems to recall her mom getting it sometime around 1980. Doing a bit of internet searching tells me that this was quite the camera in its day, and that apparently there's something special about the lens (it's handcrafted or something snazzy like that- I didn't look too much into it.)

After wasting 2 rolls of film and what seemed like millions of years trying to figure out how the heck to  open the back and load the film in this thing (I'm too used to modern technology, unfortunately), I finally got it ready, and headed to downtown La Crosse to try it out. I wasn't expecting too much, but tried to take some shots of things that I thought would blend well with the vintage feel I was hoping to get. These are a couple of my favorites.

I still have to figure out how to work this thing out (with the shutter, and all the settings and stuff) but I'm pretty excited about its possibilities. It takes some nice shots and it a whole lot smaller and lighter than my film slr, so it would be more convenient for me to take places. Cameras used to be so much nicer than they are now.

To see the other photos from yesterday, you can go to my flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment